This month is Stress Awareness Month so we wanted to share some tips on how to cope if you are finding it hard in your day to day lives!
- Identify and tackle your triggers! Where were you when you began to feel stressed? Could you prevent getting into that situation?
- Be Active! Exercising release endorphins which releases huge amounts of stress!
- Be in Control – if you think negatively you will be stressed, but there is a solution to every problem
- Stay in contact with people – Obviously during these tough times, we can’t mix with each other, but a phone-call of skype call can be done! Sometimes a chat with friends and family can cure your worries.
- Challenge Yourself – Set goals and achievements that you can focus your mind on
- Avoid Un-healthy habits – Don’t rely on smoking or alcohol to solve your problems as it’s on temporary and the effects can make you feel worse.
- Try to remain positive!
- Drink plenty of water!!
- Eat good foods, your body will thank you!
See what makes you happy, and do more of it! (within government guidelines)
See below a link to the NHS website about a healthy diet – https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/eat-well/good-foods-to-help-your-digestion/?tabname=food-and-diet
See below a link to breathing techniques – https://www.stress.org/take-a-deep-breath