Pre-employment Training – Healthcare Sectors
Dynamo Healthcare Training (DHCT) supports unemployed people in Cornwall to access employment training opportunities.
If you are unemployed and want to access work within healthcare we can support you commence careers in a variety of roles, for example working with people with Dementia, Long Term Conditions, people with Learning and Physical Disabilities and Mental Health services.
- The basic knowledge needed to work in the sector will be assessed via a workbook which you will complete and it will be marked.
- You will also undertake practical assessments in the simulation centre to confirm basic competence in tasks for your role.
- Assess to employment requirements
- Work requirements and salary are specific to your employer
- Ongoing training with the NVQ in Health and Social Care expected
We offer a 11-day programme covering:
- Study Skills
- Introduction to the health and social care sectors and understanding your role.
- Your personal development
- Duty of care
- Equality and Diversity
- Work in a person-centred way
- Privacy and Dignity
- Fluids and Nutrition
- Awareness of mental health, dementia and learning disabilities
- Safeguarding Adults
- Safeguarding Children
- Basic life support/first aid with practical assessment
- Health and Safety
- Handling information
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Manual Handling with practical assessment
- CV writing/interview skills
- Confidence building/Personal Resilience
- Introduction to employers and the opportunity to access work
You will achieve an accredited level 2 Award in Infection, Prevention and Control, Care Framework Certificate Knowledge, accredited Work Skills Award, Certificate in Manual Handling and Basic First Aid.(Functional Skills English, Maths and ICT where required).
Monday 2nd Oct 17 to Monday 16th Oct 17 . Times: 9:30 – 4:30
DHCT, Unit 7c Duchy Business Centre, Wilson Road, Pool, Cornwall, TR15 3RT
The basic knowledge needed to work in the sector will be assessed via a workbook which you will complete and it will be marked.
You will also undertake practical assessments in the simulation centre to confirm basic competence in tasks for your role.
Assess to employment requirements
Work will be subject to a 3-month probationary period.
You will agree to complete the Adult Apprenticeship training programme at Level 2 which will be 12 months training on the job.
You will be paid a minimum wage during the adult apprenticeship training and increases in salary after this is dependent on your employer. This will be discussed on an individual basis depending on where you work.