Main Purpose of Job:
To provide support for students within the classroom, or individuals with significant identified needs.
- To help support students in developing independence and interdependence skills.
- To promote and facilitate Inclusive Practice.
- Supervise and assist students in a classroom situation when specific work has been prepared by the staff or other specialists.
- To support students and implement Individual Learning Plans.
- Assist students in the use of special classroom equipment and teaching aids as required.
- To supervise/assist individual studentsâ€™ work programmes in a class situation.
- To assist on any excursions or extra-curricular activities.
- To assist as necessary with all aspects of student wellbeing as identified by Tutor.
As a member of staff, the post holder will be required to further the agreed aims of the Academy by participating fully in the following:
- To participate in the scheme for appraisal and review of performance adopted by the Academy.
- To support the provision of a high quality environment for student learning and associated activities.
- To support Student Welfare and Support Services.
- To support the development of a flexible and responsive institution.
- To support Academy Promotional and Marketing Activities.
- To ensure the safe and appropriate use of Academy equipment, premises and property.
- To ensure that Health and Safety Procedures as laid out in the Academy Health and Safety Policy.
- The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- To Undertake a DBS check when you start.
- To undertake any training and development which may be required to meet the needs of our Academy provision and Learner needs.
Director/ Programme Tutor
- GCSEs in English and Maths or level 2 equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good IT skills.
- Recent experience supporting students with difficulties or disabilities in the education sector.
- To understand the issues of safeguarding and confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with staff and students.
- Experience of accurate record-keeping
- Qualifications in education/assessing/teaching support.
- An understanding of the support needs of students with learning difficulties.
- Supporting students with mental health needs.
- An understanding of the needs of young people and adults in an educational setting.
- A proven track record of supporting and promoting student independence.
- A valid DBS registered with the online update service or be willing to apply for a new one
Hours: 18 – 21 hours per week (Academy Term Time)
Salary: Â£8 per hours (paid on the last working day of the month)
Contract: Part Time/Temporary until July 2018
Job Type: Part-time