Launch your Healthcare Career
Dynamo Healthcare Training Academy (DHTA) is a specialist provider dedicated to supporting young people to commence careers in healthcare, through excellent employer partnerships and focused training and development to meet specific roles.
There are more than 300 different roles in the NHS alone and further opportunities in social care services. You can work in the NHS, a charity or a partnership between the NHS, a local authority department, social care or children’s services, and there’s a wide range of roles in private healthcare too.
If you are unsure if the Health and Social Care sectors are right for you, find out more here
Health and Social Care is a priority sector in the South West due to an ageing population, and there are many jobs and career opportunities locally and regionally as well as nationally.
Key Facts about Health and Social Care
- There are about 4.2 million people in the UK who work in healthcare.
- Over 300 different National Health Service careers, and over a million people in the UK work in them, from radiographers and doctors to specialist nurses, caterers and accountants.
- You should expect to have to work shifts – that means, working outside the usual 9am to 5pm hours – if you choose to work in health and social care. People who need help, need it 24 hours a day!
- If you want to become a midwife, nurse, dentist, physiotherapist, doctor or other specialist health professional, you will need good GCSEs, and then do ‘A’ Level or equivalents, which include a level 3 apprenticeship or an Access to HE course. You will need to study up to degree level and complete extensive on-the-job training.
- There is a world-wide demand for people with professional qualifications in health and social care – so you could travel and work in other countries after training.
- Healthcare is a leading employer in the South of England– 405,000 people
- Because of an ageing population, there is a continuing demand for jobs and career progression in the sectors.
For more information please view the Career Pilot
Values Assessment and Core Skills
Also, for information on the Core Skills required to work in health and social care please view.
You can also download the DHCT Careers Information booklet
Please contact us to discuss how we can support you to commence a rewarding career in health and social care