Launch your Healthcare Career
Dynamo Healthcare Training Academy (DHTA) is a specialist provider dedicated to supporting young people to commence careers in healthcare, through excellent employer partnerships and focused training and development to meet specific roles.
Dynamo Healthcare Training Academy works closely with employers in healthcare to ensure our young people are fully prepared for roles as:
- Clinical Healthcare Assistants
- Medical Receptionists
- Business Administration
- Social Care Assistants and Support Workers specialising in supporting people with Dementia and Learning Disabilities
Employers will provide work experience and volunteering placements with the aim to move into a paid Apprenticeship placement in the second stage.
Benefits to employers
We have developed the Academy to support employers with recruitment, retention and workforce development. The benefits to employers include:
- Individuals recruited and trained for specialist roles.
- Support with recruitment and retention of staff
- A Moped Hire/Purchase scheme for employer who require their staff to be mobile.
- Trainees will undertake the Care Framework Certificate and all mandatory training for the sector
- Involvement in curriculum development
- Support with workforce development
- Continual information, advice and guidance
- Support for young people in Cornwall to develop exciting roles and career choices in healthcare.
GP practices in Cornwall
Dynamo Healthcare Training is a recommended provider of accredited training provision, by the Cornwall Community Education Provider Network, linked to Kernow Health CIC. We work extensively with General Practices and other health service providers across Cornwall, training and developing the existing workforce with Adult Apprenticeship programmes, and recruiting, training and developing young Apprentices. We support the following areas of work:
- Clinical Healthcare Assistants (HCA’s)
- Medical Receptionists
- Customer Services
- Team Leaders
Paul Jefferies, Project Manager from CEPN says:
‘Apprenticeships are changing and are seen nationally as the way forward to develop a relevantly trained and skilled workforce. Cornwall Community Education Provider Network (CEPN) are working with several providers including Dynamo Healthcare to encourage the use of apprenticeships to drive workforce development forward in General Practice. Health Education England (HEE) has produced a career pathway for Primary Care Nursing, from Care certificate to Advanced Practice, the CEPN are keen to use apprenticeships at entry level, such as for health care assistants (HCAs) through to those at advanced level to develop the workforce. For small to medium businesses, like General Practice, 90% of the training costs are covered by the Government and there is also a lot of good evidence as to the benefits found by employers that have taken on apprentices.’
We are keen for any GP practices who would like to be involved in the Academy to get in touch.
Please contact us for further information.
Social Care Employers in Cornwall
Dynamo Healthcare Training works extensively with social care employers in Cornwall supporting recruitment, training and development of the workforce.
We are keen to meet with any employers who would like to support our curriculum development to ensure the course is fit for purpose and who would like to discuss cadet and apprentices for your organisation.
Please contact us to discuss.
How can employers get involved?
- Offering 1 week work experience placement
- Job shadowing
- 20 hours volunteering
- Offering healthcare trainee work placement (4 months with a combination of classroom and work placement)
- Offering a 12 month paid apprenticeship for our graduating trainees
- Employer workshops and information sessions
- Employability training, CV writing support, mock interviews
- Support us with curriculum development
We are keen on hearing from employers who are interested in providing work placements for Trainees and Apprenticeship opportunities.
We are also keen on hearing from Employers or Employer forums who are interested in supporting us to develop the Curriculum for our students to ensure the training is fit for purpose for the sector and roles they will be entering.
If you would like further information please contact us