Did you know that unemployment in the last year in Cornwall has increased by 118%?! This is more than double the amount of local people not in work than the year before!
Here are five things you can do to improve your chances of finding the right role for you, and we can help you!
- Get experience! Having some experience in the sector you are going to work in can drastically improve your chances of getting an interview. Experience can be in the form of a short-term, part-time job, volunteering in the sector, or some training in a similar role.
- Research! To know what the organisation you want to work for want from you, you must research the role. It is important to read the job description posted and take a look at their website to see what their values are.
- Improve your CV! Your CV is your first opportunity to promote yourself to an employer, and by making the language and format you use professional and polished, you can improve your chances greatly.
- Connect! Connecting with different employers is essential whilst job hunting. Many roles may be already filled when you apply for them, but by sending in your CV and connecting with the employer, they may consider you for future roles, or even recommend you to a partner organisation.
- Practice your interview techniques! An interview can be the most daunting part of finding a job, but by practicing with friends, family or tutors you can tackle those nerves and gain confidence. Research common interview questions and think about how you would respond to them.
On our FREE Access to Work in Healthcare Course, we can help you to get back into work, and improve on all of these skills! Contact 01736 753933 now or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information 😊
Information from https://www.business-live.co.uk/enterprise/unemployment-more-doubles-devon-cornwall-19703878