Developing Cornwall’s Healthcare Workforce for the Future
The Health Apprenticeships are nationally recognised programmes and are accredited by Edexcel awarding body, meeting the requirements of Skills for Health, the Sector Skills Council for Health services in England
The NHS continues to be one of the top three employers of apprentices in the country and invests heavily in ensuring the practical and technical training apprentices receive is of the highest standard.
Apprenticeships in GP practices in Cornwall
Dynamo Healthcare Training is the provider of choice for many GP practices in Cornwall. We work extensively with GP practices offering a range of training programmes for HCA’s, Medical Receptionists and Administrators.
We also support recruitment of apprentices and permanent staff.
Please contact us for further information.
Apprenticeships in the NHS
Across the NHS there are many examples of successful apprenticeship programmes. Below are some case studies and success stories that you should find informative
Get in Cornwall has information on NHS Apprenticeships
What tasks can an Apprentice do?
The apprentice is recruited and trained to undertake all tasks that any new staff member would do within your organisation, they could be recruited to a:
- Clinical Healthcare Assistant
- Medical Receptionist
- Business Administrator
Existing staff could be promoted to a supervisor role and complete a supervisor Adult Apprenticeship, Team Leader, Customer Services, Business Support or Clinical Healthcare Supervisor.
They will support with everyday task that any of your other staff complete.
They will be supported by an occupationally competent assessor/tutor who will work closely with the apprentice’s manager or supervisor to ensure they are competent and knowledgeable to undertake any tasks required.
The National Skills Academy for Health provides a comprehensive view of Apprenticeships in the Health Sectors.
We currently support:
- Clinical Healthcare
- Medical Reception
- Business Administration
- Team Leader
- Customer Services
Please contact us to discuss
Dynamo healthcare will help you recruit an apprentice via the National Apprenticeship Service portal for free
- Dynamo Healthcare Training will work with the healthcare provider to ensure the programme meets their specific requirements.
- When the learner commences the apprenticeship they will be contracted for a minimum of 30 hours per week and a minimum salary of £3.80 per hour for the 12 month apprenticeship contract, but this can be higher if you wish.
- Dynamo Healthcare Training Ltd will provide support continuously to ensure you are confident with the whole process.
- Dynamo Healthcare Training Ltd will provide weekly updates to ensure you are confident with the whole process
- Employers will agree to access any grants available to them and provide DHCT with their employer contribution from this grant for trainees
Support for Existing Staff
Where an employer has existing staff they want to develop they will use the Apprenticeship training frameworks to do so and access the Government funding to support.
Apprentices are aged 16 or over and combine working with studying to gain skills and knowledge in a specific job.
Apprentices can be new or current employees.
You can get government funding to cover some of the cost of training and assessing an apprentice if you’re in England.
You must pay the apprentice at least the minimum wage.