Developing Cornwall’s Healthcare Workforce for the Future
Kick Start your career
Here at Dynamo, we are committed to helping you harness your skills and strengths to find work roles that are right for you.
We are here if you are unemployed and looking to kickstart your new career path and access work!
We tailor our support to you:
- We can help you to become your own boss or to start an adult apprenticeship.
- We can support you into employment or into volunteering opportunities.
- And if you fancy gaining more skills, our Level 2 Certificates range from ‘Creating Your Own Start-Up’ to topics such as ‘Awareness of Mental Health Conditions’.
What we offer on our 10-day Access to Work Course in which you explore:
- Skills Assessments
- Who am I/ What do you like?
- What are my strengths and aspirations?
- Turn your aspirations into reality Your Entrepreneurial and Enterprise Skills.
- Could you be your own boss?
- Help to access Employment/ Self-Employment.
- Tailored CV and Interview preparation specific to your goals.
- Build your confidence and personal resilience.
- One-to-one support where needed to meet employment.
Interested in Healthcare roles?
Our 15-day Preparation to Healthcare course is the perfect introduction or refresher to the sector!
- Introduction to the Health and Social Care sectors and understanding your role.
- Duty of Care & Equality and Diversity.
- Work in a person-centred way.
- Communication, Privacy and Dignity.
- Awareness of mental health, dementia and learning disabilities.
- Health and Safety in the workplace & Infection Control
- Safeguarding Adults and Safeguarding Children.
- Manual Handling and Basic First Aid
Our courses are fully funded, and we offer our full support after the course to help you to pursue and achieve your goals!
For course dates and venues, more information or to sign-up to the course, please give us a call on: 0764 328 353, or drop us an email on: email@example.com
Dynamo can offer the following short course accredited programmes for individuals who are unemployed and wish to undertake some Continuous Professional Development Modules.
All of the programmes are accredited with NCFE and learners will be issued with a workbook to complete or you can complete online and access support from an occupationally competent tutor. Gain extra skills in:
• Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
• Certificate in Understanding Behaviour That Challenges
• Certificate in Common Health Conditions
• Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care
• Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
• Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
• Certificate in Information, Advice or Guidance
• Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care
• Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
• Certificate in Understanding Working with People with Mental Health Needs
• Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
• Certificate in Team Leading
Please contact us if you would like some information about these courses 01736 753933 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Access to Work in Healthcare Coast to Coast Cornwall
DHCT has funding from the European Social Fund to support people in the Coast to Coast Areas in Cornwall (Camborne, Truro, Falmouth, Illogan, Redruth) to offer a Covid response support package to assist people to train for and gain employment in healthcare jobs.
We deliver monthly training course via virtual classroom (computer, tablet) that prepare people to work in healthcare and meet local employers which they can apply to for work.
What individuals will gain on this programme:
- The role of the healthcare worker
- Effective Communication
- Awareness of Mental Health, Learning Disabilities and Dementia
- Work Skills
- CV and Letter Writing
- Interview Techniques
- Job Application Guidance
- Preparation for Work
- Progression Options
- Access to employers opportunities
- Infection, Prevention and Control Accreditation
- Useful for any job in any sector!
- Understand how to be safe and protect yourself and others in the workplace.
Support for you:
- Identify job vacancies matched to your
- Help to access Employment/ Self-Employment:
- Tailored CV and interview preparation specific to your
- Build your confidence & personal
- One-to-one support where needed to meet employers!
If you would like to meet potential employees and work with us on this provision please contact us on email@example.com or call 01736 753933
If you are an employer looking for staff we can help you by introducing you to unemployed people and preparing them for work with you.
If you are unemployed and want to gain skills, knowledge, prepare for a job or gain some clarity about what you want to do for a career. Please contact us 01736 753933 or email firstname.lastname@example.org