Developing Cornwall’s Healthcare Workforce for the Future
Access to Work
Here at Dynamo, we are committed to helping you harness your skills and strengths to find work roles that are right for you.
We are here if you are unemployed and looking to kickstart your new career path and access work!
We tailor our support to you:
- We can help you to become your own boss or to start an adult apprenticeship.
- We can support you into employment or into volunteering opportunities.
- And if you fancy gaining more skills, our Level 2 Certificates range from ‘Creating Your Own Start-Up’ to topics such as ‘Awareness of Mental Health Conditions’.
What we offer on our 10-day Access to Work Course in which you explore:
- Skills Assessments
- Who am I/ What do you like?
- What are my strengths and aspirations?
- Turn your aspirations into reality Your Entrepreneurial and Enterprise Skills.
- Could you be your own boss?
- Help to access Employment/ Self-Employment.
- Tailored CV and Interview preparation specific to your goals.
- Build your confidence and personal resilience.
- One-to-one support where needed to meet employment.
Interested in Healthcare roles?
Our 15-day Preparation to Healthcare course is the perfect introduction or refresher to the sector!
- Introduction to the Health and Social Care sectors and understanding your role.
- Duty of Care & Equality and Diversity.
- Work in a person-centred way.
- Communication, Privacy and Dignity.
- Awareness of mental health, dementia and learning disabilities.
- Health and Safety in the workplace & Infection Control
- Safeguarding Adults and Safeguarding Children.
- Manual Handling and Basic First Aid
Our courses are fully funded, and we offer our full support after the course to help you to pursue and achieve your goals!
For course dates and venues, more information or to sign-up to the course, please give us a call on: 0764 328 353, or drop us an email on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dynamo can offer the following short course accredited programmes for individuals who are unemployed and wish to undertake some Continuous Professional Development Modules.
All of the programmes are accredited with NCFE and learners will be issued with a workbook to complete or you can complete online and access support from an occupationally competent tutor. Gain extra skills in:
• Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
• Certificate in Understanding Behaviour That Challenges
• Certificate in Common Health Conditions
• Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care
• Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
• Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
• Certificate in Information, Advice or Guidance
• Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care
• Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
• Certificate in Understanding Working with People with Mental Health Needs
• Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
• Certificate in Team Leading
Please contact us if you would like some information about these courses 01736 753933 or email email@example.com
Pre-employment to healthcare programme
DHCT works with lots of Health and Social Care employers across Cornwall and supports them with recruiting staff to support their patients and clients. We will support by matching learners with potential employers and roles.
We offer a 15 day programme covering:
- Care Framework Knowledge
- Manual Handling
- Basic First Aid
- Infection, prevention and control
- Work skills
Delivered in venues across Cornwall.
DHCT explain to individuals that jobs will be subject to a 3-month probationary period and DBS check.
DHCT ask employers to support individuals to continue to develop through the NVQ/Adult Apprenticeship training programmes with DHCT supporting. When you sign up to your Adult Apprenticeship you will receive an NUS card and receive lots of discounts and benefits.
The Building Better Opportunities Working Together project is funded by the European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund.
The project aims to support 750 economically inactive and unemployed adults from the Atlantic and Moor area of Cornwall into education, training, job search or employment. It will work in partnership with 8 end to end delivery partners and 45 specialist spot purchase partners that have been selected to offer specialist services to address the multiple and complex participant needs.
Please contact us for further information or call us on 01736 753933
If you are an employer looking for staff we can help you by introducing you to unemployed people and preparing them for work with you.
If you are unemployed and want to gain skills, knowledge, prepare for a job or gain some clarity about what you want to do for a career. Please contact us 01736 753933 or email firstname.lastname@example.org