Launch your Healthcare Career
Dynamo Healthcare Training Academy (DHTA) is a specialist provider dedicated to supporting young people to commence careers in healthcare, through excellent employer partnerships and focused training and development to meet specific roles.
About Dynamo Training Academy
Dynamo Training Academy (DHCTA) is a specialist provider that offers an alternative to College for school leavers who want to prepare for employment or an Apprenticeship.
The Academies aim is to prepare young people for roles as:
- Clinical Healthcare Assistants
- Medical Receptionists
- Social Care Workers specialising in Learning Disabilities or Dementia
- Business Administration
- Customer Services/reception
Preparation to work in healthcare programme
Dynamo Healthcare Training Academy
Dynamo Healthcare Training Academy is for those who know they don’t want to go to college and want to start earning. You are grown up and ready for the workplace, but not sure exactly what job you want. This is NOT College this is preparing for work.
Step 1 – Information, Advice and Guidance and Career Planning
You will receive one to one guidance and support to identify your chosen career path and see if health and social care is right for you.
Step 2 – Short Course
Choose from the following accredited level 2 courses all delivered with one-to- one support via our via our virtual classroom!
- End-of-Life Care
- Dementia Care
- Common Health Conditions
- Understanding Behavior that Challenges
- Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Safe Handling of Medication
- Principles of Care Planning
- Diabetes Management
- Infection Prevention and Control
Step 3 – Access to Work in healthcare flyer
Complete our Access to Work in Healthcare 2 weeks programme and receive 1 – 1 support.
What you will gain on this programme:
- The role of the healthcare worker
- Effective Communication
- Awareness of Mental Health, Learning Disabilities and Dementia
- Stress Management and Personal Resilience
- Work Skills
- CV and Letter Writing
- Interview Techniques
- Job Application Guidance
- Preparation for Work
- Progression Options
- Access to employers opportunities
- Infection, Prevention and Control Accreditation level 2 certificate
- Understand how to be safe and protect yourself and others in the workplace.
- Identify job vacancies matched to your skills.
- Help to access Employment
- Tailored CV and interview preparation specific to your goals.
Stage 2 – Apprenticeship (13 months’ paid apprenticeship in the workplace)
DHCTA would aim to support individuals who choose it to complete a paid apprenticeship programme, while working in a role for an employer. They receive one to one support from an occupationally competent tutor assessor in the workplace and provided with all the support they need to achieve their apprenticeship.
At the end of the Apprenticeship they receive all the support and advice they need for career progression within their choose area. Where possible we support Apprentices to progress to higher apprenticeship opportunities with their employer or move to higher. DHCT has an excellent success rate with excellent learner and employer feedback.