Developing Cornwall’s Healthcare Workforce for the Future
Mission & Values
To help meet the local healthcare community needs in Cornwall. By supporting local employers to recruit, train and develop local people and ensure individuals who are long term unemployed, are supported to gain employment, improve their wellbeing and reduce the impact on the community.
Our Aims are to:
- Provide high quality training and development for people in Cornwall and to prepare them for jobs and roles in the healthcare sectors with local employers.
- Be dedicated to the healthcare sectors in Cornwall, providing high quality, cost efficient training and development solutions to support workforce planning and strategies for employers.
Our objectives are to:
- Offer a specialist service for local young people and local employers through small community based Academies.
- Support employers with recruitment, training and workforce development.
- Provide career opportunities for young people and prepare them for specific jobs in the healthcare sectors.
- To provide career plans and support routes to higher roles, higher qualifications and higher earnings.
- To develop innovative new technologies to support education, training, development, recruitment and raising awareness of careers and supporting Health and Wellbeing initiatives.
- Support employers through tailored training and recruitment programmes.
- Help mobilise a social care workforce. By working with Cornwall’s Wheels to Work programme and offering a Moped hire/purchase scheme for learners who need to travel for work.
- Raise the profile of health and social care as real career options for young people.
- Work with employers to ensure the curriculum is fit for purpose for specific jobs.
- To deliver the highest quality provision to the sectors
- To support cost effective provision utilising all funding streams
- To offer flexible employer led training and development solutions
- To provide excellent customer services for all learners, employers and partners
- To provide a whole organisation approach to workforce development to the healthcare sectors
- To Work in partnership with local Colleges and training provider networks to support the development of Cornwall’s Healthcare Workforce of the Future
Innovative teaching and learning – through exciting innovative teaching and learning platforms enabling blended learning approaches, that specifically meets our learners and employer’s needs. All learners have access to online moodles and e-portfolio systems.
Communication – Effective communication is vital to the success of any business and DHCTA promotes clear lines of communication that enables all the team to fully consult and have the opportunity to influence policy and the efficiency of day to day practices.
Innovation in Business – encouraging our team to be autonomous and creative in their ideas and proposals for future growth of the company
High Quality – through robust quality assurance processes and outstanding external verification reports, meeting all Ofsted, awarding body and EFA/SFA funding requirements at all times
Our Learners – through supportive teaching and learning packages, we will support all learners of all ages to successfully complete their chosen programme
Our staff – through continual professional development and utilising high quality occupationally competent staff within the education and healthcare sectors, DHCTA provides the best support for our staff to provide the highest quality support to our learners and employers
Individuality, Equality and Diversity – supporting our staff and learners to develop, learn and grow in a supportive environment that fosters growth, development, and diversity.
Our Customers/Employers – through excellent feedback and evaluation processes DHCT ensures that all customers are listened to and supported to receive the best possible support
Excellent Customer Services – through polite, knowledgeable staff that provide information, advice and guidance that is effective and specifically meets our customer’s needs within a supportive environment.
Health, Well Being and Happiness – DHCT promotes Health and Well-being for individuals, the community and organisations. We believe that positive health and well-being promotes happiness, leading to effectiveness and efficiency within all areas of life. If our staff and learners feel safe, well and happy they will learn and flourish.