Do you want to be the boss in business?
Dynamo Healthcare Training (DHCT) supports unemployed people in Cornwall to access employment and training opportunities within business environments.
If you are unemployed and want to access work within Business, Administration, Customer Services or Reception environments; DHCT will provide you with the basic skills needed to commence an apprenticeship, which could then lead to a permanent position.
DHCT will support you until you find the right apprenticeship and employer to start your career.
Unit 7c Duchy Business Centre, Wilson Way, Redruth TR15 3RT
2018/19 Course Start Dates
Monday 29th October to Friday 9th November 2018
Times: 9:30am – 4:30pm
DHCT can offer this training in other locations, please contact us to discuss
We offer a 10 day, classroom based course which covers:
- Study Skills
- Introduction to Employment, Rights and Responsibilities
- Your personal development
- Equality and Diversity
- Effective Communication
- Conflict Management
- Effective Team Working
- Health and Safety
- Handling Information
- Basic First Aid with practical assessment
- Manual Handling with practical assessment
- CV writing/ interview skills
- Confidence building/ Personal Resilience
- Introduction to employers and the opportunity to access work
- Employer talks/presentations
What you will achieve:
- Work Skills Award
- Certificates in Manual Handling
- Basic First Aid award
- Level 1 English and Maths Functional Skills
The basic knowledge needed to work in the sector will be assessed via a workbook which you\’ll complete and will be marked. You will also undertake practical assessments in the simulation centre to confirm basic competence in tasks for your role.
Access to employment requirements
The starting salary for an apprentice is £4 an hour, but this could vary depending on the employer. DHCT will advocate on your behalf to secure the best pay rate. This is a good opportunity to earn while you learn and gain experience in business in order to ensure future roles