Developing Cornwall’s Healthcare Workforce for the Future
In Work Training Programmes (NVQ/Adult Apprenticeships)
- Adult Care Worker Level 2 (Care Assistants and Support Workers)
- Lead Adult Care Worker Level 3 (Senior Care Assistants and Senior Support Workers)
- Healthcare support worker Level 2 (New Healthcare Assistants/HCA’s)
- Senior Clinical Healthcare support workers Level 3 (Healthcare Assistants/HCA’s)
- Medical Receptionist Apprenticeship Level 2
- Business Administration Levels 2 (New Administrators)
- Customer Services Practitioner Level 2
- Management Level 3
Care Framework Certificate
The Care Certificate is a set of standards that social care and health workers stick to in their daily working life.
It is the new minimum standards that should be covered as part of induction training of new care workers.
- applies across social care and health
- links to National Occupational Standards and units in qualifications
- covers what is needed to be caring – giving workers a good basis from which they can develop their knowledge and skills.
Who is it for?
Designed with non-regulated workers in mind, the Care Certificate gives everyone the confidence that workers have the same induction – learning the same skills, knowledge and behaviours to provide compassionate, safe and high quality care and support.
The Care Certificate is the start of the career journey and is only one element of the training and education that will make them ready to practice within their specific sector.
Although the Care Certificate is designed for new staff, it also offers opportunities for existing staff to refresh or improve their knowledge.
- Understand your role
- Your personal development
- Duty of care
- Equality and diversity
- Work in a person centred way
- Privacy and dignity
- Fluids and nutrition
- Awareness of mental health, dementia and learning disabilities
- Safeguarding adults
- Safeguarding children
- Basic life support
- Health and safety
- Handling information
- Infection prevention and control
DHCT can deliver this programme at the beginning of an Apprenticeship training programme. The Care Framework Cert will be completed over 3 months through capturing knowledge using a workbook and competence through observations in practice. This evidence will then be mapped to the Apprenticeship training framework. The occupationally competent assessor/tutor will need to work alongside the new staff members supervisor to ensure all aspects are completed.
Please contact us for further information.
Short Course Training: (this list is not exhaustive if you need others please let us know)
- Accredited First Aid
- Manual Handling People
- Health and Safety, Food Hygiene and Infection Control
- Safeguarding of Adults and Children
- Deprivation of Liberties
- Mental Capacity Act
- Person Centred Planning and Support
If you have any training needs that are not met here please contact us to discuss and we can tailor a training programme to suite your needs.