Developing Cornwall’s Healthcare Workforce for the Future
Dynamo Healthcare Training (DHCT) supports unemployed people in Cornwall to access employment training opportunities through Adult Apprenticeships.
If you are unemployed and want to access work within healthcare we can support you commence careers in a variety of roles, for example working with people with Dementia, Long Term Conditions, people with Learning and Physical Disabilities and Mental Health services.
For information on Careers in Health and Social Care please view.
DHCT works with lots of Health and Social Care employers across Cornwall and supports them with recruiting staff to support their patients and clients. We will support you by matching you with potential employers that you could work for.
We offer a 11 day programme covering:
- Study Skills
- Introduction to the health and social care sectors and understand your role.
- Your personal development
- Duty of care
- Equality and diversity
- Work in a person centred way
- Privacy and dignity
- Fluids and nutrition
- Awareness of mental health, dementia and learning disabilities
- Safeguarding adults
- Safeguarding children
- Basic life support/first aid with practical assessment
- Health and safety
- Handling information
- Infection prevention and control
- Manual Handling with practical assessment
- CV writing/interview skills
- Confidence building/Personal Resilience
- Introduction to employers and the opportunity to access work
Delivered in venues across Cornwall.
Up coming dates include:
- Monday 2nd Oct 17 to Monday 16th Oct 17 . Times: 9:30 - 4:30
Venue: DHCT, Unit 7c Duchy Business Centre, Wilson Road, Pool, Cornwall, TR15 3RT
- 15th Nov 17 to 1st Dec 17. Times: 9:30 - 4:30
Venue: Unit F, 36 Normandy Way, Bodmin PL31 1EX
- Monday 29th Jan 18 to Monday 12th Feb 18 . Times: 9:30 - 4:30
Venue: Newquay TBC
- DHCT can offer this training in other locations please contact us to discuss
The basic knowledge needed to work in the sector will be assessed via a workbook which you will complete and it will be marked.
You will also undertake practical assessments in the simulation centre to confirm basic competence in tasks for your role.
Access to employment
Work will be subject to a 3-month probationary period.
You will agree to complete the Adult training programme at Level 2 which will be 12 months training on the job.
You will be paid a minimum wage during the adult training programme and increases in salary after this is dependent on your employer. This will be discussed on an individual basis depending on where you work.
Please contact us for further information or call us on 01736 753933